K-LIFE Pooled Income Fund
At Kadlec Foundation
Earn 6% for life. K-LIFE is a charitable giving opportunity that pays you income for life.
The Gift That Gives Back
If you are considering a gift to Kadlec, consider a gift to K-LIFE to take advantage of tax laws intended to encourage and reward philanthropy, and supplement your income for the rest of your life.
How does K-LIFE work?
Kadlec Foundation sells all appreciated assets contributed to K-LIFE, adds the proceeds to other cash contributions, and invests the funds in a medical building leased to Kadlec. Rental income is distributed to donors at an annual amount of 6.1% or more of the initial gift, over one or two lives. Kadlec’s share goes to fund important capital projects.
Who can participate, and how?
Individuals and couples age 60 years and older can participate with a minimum contribution of $10,000.
Three ways to give:
- Cash. The most common asset for charitable giving, it is the simplest, most straightforward and immediate way to participate.
- Appreciated Securities. A donor can claim a charitable income tax deduction equal to the full fair market value of appreciated securities held for more than 12 months.
- Marketable Real Estate. In some cases, property may be donated to K-LIFE, and the donor receives a charitable income tax deduction for the fair market value of the property.
How K-LIFE benefits contributors:
- Receive lifetime income at an increasing rate, starting at 6.1%
- Avoid capital gains tax on the sale of appreciated securities and property and possibly reduce estate tax
- Receive a substantial income tax deduction
- Leave a legacy to better the lives of others
For more information, see our one-page-donor-benefit-summary.pdf (kadlec.org)
For more information on upcoming K-LIFE presentations or to request a personalized illustration, call 509-942-2661.