Mondays with Mike and Joe
Providence Newberg Health Foundation hosts quarterly "Lunch and Learn" sessions highlighting services at Providence Newberg Hospital
If you missed a Mondays with Mike and Joe or want to rewatch one, links to all previous talks are below.
October 17, 2022
Providence Birth Center
The Birth Center at Providence Newberg Medical Center is one of the highest-rated birth centers in Oregon. With state-of-the-art birth suites, the center welcomes more than 400 babies every year.
Retired broadcast journalist Mike Donahue and Joe Yoder, chief executive of Providence Newberg Medical Center, talk with Bev Martino, nurse manager at the Birth Center at Providence Newberg Medical Center.
Learn about the hospital’s maternity, labor and delivery services and how we ensure that each little one born here receives a safe, warm welcome to the world.
• A general overview of The Birth Center and what makes it stand out
• An update on the new Panda Warmers, which were provided by Providence Newberg’s generous donors
• A review of the Providence lactation clinic and how experts help moms succeed at breastfeeding
• A discussion about the Nora Madelyn Fund for Infant and Child Loss and how it supports grieving families
July 11, 2022
Child's Play: It's Really Hard Work
Retired broadcast journalist Mike Donahue and Providence Newberg Medical Center chief executive Joe Yoder talk with Melea Lumsden, occupational therapist, and Laura Eubanks, speech language pathologist with Providence Children's Development Institute - Newberg.
When children need extra help to overcome physical, speech or cognitive delays, therapists use a wide variety of therapeutic activities to help them gain strength, overcome deficits and realize their full potential.
Melea Lumsden and Laura Eubanks will answer important questions for parents:
- How can parents know if a child needs therapy?
- What services are available locally for babies, children and teens?
- How can animals, such as horses, be part of a successful therapy plan?
- How can parents get a consultation?
April 11, 2022
A Conversation About Heart Health at Providence Newberg Medical Center
Retired broadcast journalist Mike Donahue and Providence Newberg Medical Center chief executive Joe Yoder talk with Lian Shaw, M.D., a cardiologist at Providence Heart Clinic-Newberg.
As a local expert in heart health, Dr. Shaw is well versed in the array of cardiac services available in Yamhill County. You’ll hear how Providence Newberg is helping people live longer, healthier lives:
- What are the most common risk factors for heart disease?
- How can people of all ages and income levels reduce their risks?
- What are the best and newest ways to treat heart disease? Is surgery always necessary?
- What is Providence Newberg doing to help people strengthen their hearts to prevent heart attacks and strokes?
October 18, 2021
A Conversation About Cancer Care at Providence Newberg Medical Center
Broadcast journalist Mike Donahue and Joe Yoder, chief executive at Providence Newberg Medical Center, talk with Surgeon Janelle Yutzie, M.D., and oncologist Kelly Perlewitz, M.D., who work at Providence Cancer Institute Newberg Clinic, caring for people who have cancer.
They discuss various aspects of local cancer care:
- How being part of Providence Cancer Institute benefits Yamhill County residents
- The types of surgical and nonsurgical treatment options available at the Newberg clinic
- The important role a nutrition program plays in comprehensive cancer treatment
July 19, 2021
A Conversation About the Emergency Department at Providence Newberg Medical Center
Broadcast journalist Mike Donahue and Joe Yoder, chief executive at Providence Newberg Medical Center, talk with Dr. Tom Johnson, medical director of the emergency department at Providence Newberg.
You will hear about:
- What a typical visit to the ER at Providence Newberg is like
- How caregivers protect ER patients from COVID-19
- The range of emergency services available in the Newberg community
April 12, 2021
A Conversation About a Hospital's Role in Its Community
Broadcast journalist Mike Donahue and Joe Yoder, chief executive at Providence Newberg Medical Center, discuss:
- Joe’s vision and goals for Providence Newberg as a community resource
- How Providence is supporting vulnerable community members
- An update on COVID-related issues in Yamhill County