Providence Foundations Stories
Moments matter. Meet community members making a difference, scientists advancing research because of donor support, and enjoy special moments of hope, healing and connection.
- Providence Benedictine Foundation (34)
- Providence Community Health Foundation Medford (22)
- Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital Foundation (28)
- Providence Milwaukie Foundation (53)
- Providence Newberg Foundation (43)
- Providence Portland Medical Foundation (116)
- Providence Seaside Hospital Foundation (36)
- Providence St. Vincent Foundation (104)
- Willamette Falls Medical Foundation (46)
Fast care when it countsIt happened quickly. John Hubbard was relaxing in his apartment when his cardiologist called, alarmed by something in a blood test taken earlier that day. “He told me to get to the ER ‘right now’,” John recounted. “I felt perfectly fine. But, by the time I arrived I was starting to crash.”
A major gift from her new heart
Patrice Krant knows it is good to give - and to receive. The 67-year-old recently made an estate gift to Providence Heart Institute after receiving a new heart from the institute’s growing transplant program at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland.
John and Susan Hayhurst gift creates research fund to improve orthopedic care
When orthopedic surgeon John Hayhurst, M.D., invented and patented orthopedic surgical methods and devices during his practice, little did he know that he and his wife, Susan, one day would create a path for future orthopedic research at Providence.