How You Can Make a Difference
Queen of the Valley Foundation
The simplest way to support Queen of the Valley Medical Center is by making a gift of cash. Provided in the form of cash, credit card, or check, your gift can be used for a variety of gift types, including the following:
- Unrestricted gifts. This gift type is the most common and used wherever the need is greatest and allows the Foundation to meet both planned and unplanned hospital needs.
- Restricted gifts. You can designate how your donation will be used, from Cardiac Care and the Cancer Wellness Program to Rock Steady Boxing and the Emergency Department, or any other department meaningful to you.
- Endowment. When gifts are made to the Endowment Fund, the gift principal is maintained in perpetuity and invested to create income for the hospital. Income from gifts to the Endowment Fund can be restricted to a specific purpose or added to the Foundation's unrestricted funds.
- Tribute gifts. You can honor or memorialize someone you care about with a tribute gift.
To make a gift by check, please send your check made payable to:
Queen of the Valley Medical Center Foundation
1000 Trancas Street
Napa, CA 94558
Give online, phone or email.
You may choose to donate to Queen of the Valley by naming the Foundation in your trust or will by making it a beneficiary of all or part of a retirement account.
You can also create gifts that provide income during your lifetime as well as substantial tax benefits by using a variety of estate planning tools. For example, charitable remainder trusts can provide lifetime income for you or anyone you designate, and they can help you avoid capital gains and inheritance taxes.
Through giving we help to heal
Caregivers have made a difference at the Queen since the hospital first opened its doors. Your generosity has helped build our nursing wings, fund the Herman Family Pavilion, provide assistance for fellow caregivers in need and so much more.
We know you work hard every day, under the most difficult circumstances.
We appreciate everything you do for your patients and the community.
Here is one more way you can make a difference.
Join your fellow caregivers in making an impact on our patients, their families and even our own staff. You can direct your gift to the fund or funds that speak to you through a recurring or a one-time credit card gift.
Your gifts truly make a difference. Thank you for your generosity.
“I began giving to the Queen in 1999. I’ve given every year since then, with an automatic donation made from my paychecks. I try to set an example and invest in the hospital myself.” Jill Vohs, Director Imaging ServicesGive Now
When you take the time to honor our caregivers or doctors with a gift, you also help ensure that our patients continue to have access to comprehensive, world-class care where we live. We would also love to learn more about how one of our caregivers has made a difference in your life. We will share your experience with the caregiver you honor!
Making a gift with stocks, bonds or other securities is a great way to make a donation without using cash. Reach out to us to learn more about how to initiate a gift and gain the tax benefit.
There are several opportunities for you to become a sponsor, from underwriting special events once or twice a year to supporting the Queen with a year-long commitment through our Distinguished Corporate Partners (DCP) program. Whether sponsoring an event, or the hospital as a DCP, companies enjoy tiered sponsorship benefits.
“As a Distinguished Corporate Partner, we’ve found that our business receives back from the community as much as we give. And as a family, we recognize the value of having a premium local hospital right here in Napa. That’s why the Queen is a natural partner for us.” -Erin and Adam Simms, Price Simms Family Dealerships
We invite you to become part of the Queen’s team as a hospital volunteer! Volunteer opportunities may support the admissions staff in the main hospital lobby, have direct patient contact—in Herman Family Pavilion pre- and post-operative care, the Outpatient Surgery and Procedures Center, the Emergency Department and Nursing Units—or offer non-clinical support in ancillary offices that support patient care.
The following volunteer opportunities are example of roles that may be available:
Departmental Support throughout the Hospital
- Foundation events
- Preparing mailings
- Chart assembly
- Patient appointment reminder calls
- Serve as the first point of contact for patients and visitors
- Provide escort services for patients being admitted, discharged or needing to go to clinical areas for procedures
- Support the admissions staff
- Deliver flowers, newspapers, etc.
Patient Comfort Cart
- Provide magazines and books to patients, visitors and lobby areas throughout the hospital
- Offer a smiling face and conversation as comfort to patients
Patient Care Areas
- Assist nursing personnel with non-medical tasks
- Provide a warm and supportive atmosphere for patients, families and visitors
To learn more about how you can make a difference in your community, please send an email to email@example.com or call the Volunteer Services office: 707-257-4009.
Does your employer offer a matching gift program? If you plan to make a donation, please contact your Human Resources Department and ask if your company offers a matching gift program. You might just be able to double your donation!
Other Ways to Donate
Queen of the Valley relies on the generous support of our community to provide world-class care where we live. Donor gifts have helped to fund major projects such as the Herman Family Pavilion and smaller items that make a big difference like trauma gurneys. To celebrate our donors who provide ongoing support, we offer exclusive benefits. Please consider joining one or more of these select groups.