How You Can Make a Difference
Queen of the Valley Foundation
When you take the time to honor our caregivers or doctors with a gift, you also help ensure that our patients continue to have access to comprehensive, world-class care where we live. We would also love to learn more about how one of our caregivers has made a difference in your life. We will share your experience with the caregiver you honor!
Making a gift with stocks, bonds or other securities is a great way to make a donation without using cash. Reach out to us to learn more about how to initiate a gift and gain the tax benefit.
We invite you to become part of the Queen’s team as a hospital volunteer! Volunteer opportunities may support the admissions staff in the main hospital lobby, have direct patient contact—in Herman Family Pavilion pre- and post-operative care, the Outpatient Surgery and Procedures Center, the Emergency Department and Nursing Units—or offer non-clinical support in ancillary offices that support patient care.
The following volunteer opportunities are example of roles that may be available:
Departmental Support throughout the Hospital
- Foundation events
- Preparing mailings
- Chart assembly
- Patient appointment reminder calls
- Serve as the first point of contact for patients and visitors
- Provide escort services for patients being admitted, discharged or needing to go to clinical areas for procedures
- Support the admissions staff
- Deliver flowers, newspapers, etc.
Patient Comfort Cart
- Provide magazines and books to patients, visitors and lobby areas throughout the hospital
- Offer a smiling face and conversation as comfort to patients
Patient Care Areas
- Assist nursing personnel with non-medical tasks
- Provide a warm and supportive atmosphere for patients, families and visitors
To learn more about how you can make a difference in your community, please send an email to email@example.com or call the Volunteer Services office: 707-257-4009.
Other Ways to Donate
Queen of the Valley relies on the generous support of our community to provide world-class care where we live. Donor gifts have helped to fund major projects such as the Herman Family Pavilion and smaller items that make a big difference like trauma gurneys. To celebrate our donors who provide ongoing support, we offer exclusive benefits. Please consider joining one or more of these select groups.